Need Help?

Wesley House Community Services,  Inc.,  is a 113 year-old non-profit organization begun in 1904 when Mrs. Elizabeth Cochran and Mrs. J.R. Whittaker and some ladies of the Central Methodist Church in Meridian, Mississippi felt a calling to “…minister to the least of these…” These Methodist women sought to bring families in a cotton-mill community on the Eastern boundary of Meridian, into the sphere of Christianity.  Today,  Wesley House is a National Missions Institute and is in a covenant relationship with the United Methodist Women.  It is also a recognized mission of the Mississippi Conference of the United Methodist Church.